Demand Planning Specialist
About the company:
Timberlink Australia & New Zealand is a sustainable leading softwood timber products manufacturing and distribution business, employing over 600 people. Our world class manufacturing sites are located close to some of the best renewable plantation pine resources in the world - Bell Bay in Tasmania & Tarpeena in South Australia. Our fit-for-purpose indoor and outdoor plantation pine products are suitable for building new homes, renovation projects and other industrial manufacturing applications including packaging, pallets, and furniture components.
At Timberlink we embrace innovation, and this drives our constant growth. We are currently building two purpose-built manufacturing plants to adjoin our existing facilities at both of our sites. Complementing our already diverse range of products, we will be manufacturing new timber products including cross laminated & glue laminated timber (NeXTimber) and wood-plastic composite decking & screening, expanding our business into new markets in 2023. These products will take Timberlink from being primarily a structural timber manufacturer to a structural engineered timber products and solutions business.
Working at Timberlink:
Timberlink’s values are core to how we operate, both internally and externally. Our six values are fairness, openness, respect, integrity, resilience and responsibility. We take our values seriously and we look for opportunities to ensure they are integrated into everything we do. We are committed to working closely with the communities in which we operate, and investing in our own people, processes, and technology to create a better future for all.
At Timberlink we believe in building strength through diversity, supported by an inclusive culture, and we welcome and encourage all forms of diversity in our business. We understand that harnessing and further developing the capability and skills of our people, and ensuring our people are truly engaged in what we are working to achieve together will continue to be critical to our success, as it has been in the past.
We continue to invest and implement new technology and more responsible resource management and supply chain practices as we further adapt and enhance our readiness for what the future brings. We encourage our people to identify further innovation or improvement opportunities that will help us continue to respond to our customer needs and drive sustainability in our business.
Timberlink’s vision is to have a proactive and caring safety culture where everyone gets HOME SAFE every day. Our mission is to be a socially responsible business through safety innovation and technology that proactively listens and acts on the voice of our people, and regulatory obligations are a baseline expectation.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an Senior Demand Planner (Demand Planning Specialist), reporting to the Group Planning Manager, that is pivotal in driving optimum Service Levels, Revenue and Profit outcomes for the Business.
Based at our head office in Scoresby, this role would suit someone in a Senior Demand Planning role looking for their next step or a Demand Manager who enjoys the challenge of a transforming business.
A key function of this role is to provide sales forecasts and other related forecast information for the business, through key steps in the S&OP process. The key operation objective is to ensure the stock in the business’s distribution centres is held in the correct quantities at the right time to enable delivery of our customer service targets.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys the challenge of managing the integrity of data and code structures within the business and who interfaces extensively with members of the Supply Chain, Sales and Manufacturing teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Presenting sales forecasts for ANZ available each month for financial forecasting
- Assist with accurately maintaining costs driven by sales forecast, prices and currency assumptions
- Complete sales forecasts with Managers for Australia
- Set the sales forecast for the manufacturing sites and other suppliers.
- Monitor sales and production to plan, follow through with corrective actions to assist delivery of monthly forecast numbers
- Revise product codes, structures, and hierarchies from time to time to ensure they meet current business needs.
- Participate in system and process improvement projects as a subject matter expert.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- 5 years + Demand Planning experience – preferably within the manufacturing or industrial sector
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience with stock management & processing systems
- Excellent analytical skills, with an understanding and ability to identify and interpret trends, patterns and inconsistencies in supply and product information
- Problem solving / root cause analysis, able to look for underlying causes and think through the consequences of different courses of action.
- Strategic critical thinker
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a salary based upon experience and performance.
Timberlink is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all applicants with the RIGHT TO WORK in Australia to apply.
If you would like to know more, or wish to apply for the role, please submit your application including your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.