About the company:
Timberlink Australia I New Zealand is a leading timber products manufacturing and distribution business. Our two manufacturing sites are located close to some of the best plantation pine resources in the world - Bell Bay in Tasmania & Tarpeena in South Australia. Our fit-for-purpose indoor and outdoor plantation pine products are suitable for building new homes, renovation projects and other industrial manufacturing applications including packaging, pallets, and furniture components.
About the role:
We are now accepting applications for an experienced manufacturing Maintenance Fitter. You will form a part of our extensive maintenance team based at our Tarpeena Facility and will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of all machinery located within our highly decorated manufacturing facility.
This permanent, full time position and is based at our sawmill located in Tarpeena (20 minutes from Mt Gambier) and will work an even time - day shift roster, averaging 45 hours per week and only one weekend per month. You will receive an attractive annualised wage as well as industrial allowances.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Installation, modification and upgrading of equipment
- Attending plant breakdowns in an effective and efficient manner
- Test, repair, maintain and monitor mechanical repairs to sawmill plant and machinery
- Analyse areas for machinery improvement whilst maintaining an outstanding level of safety and commitment
- Structural welding and fabrication as required
- Understand the specs and working of equipment preinstall and assisting the project team with planning the installation and commissioning.
- Accurately inputting maintenance activity into the maintenance management system (pronto)
- Performing maintenance to planned schedules
What you will have:
- Trade Qualification in fitting and turning
- Proven welding experience – MIG/TIG
- Experience in maintaining and analysing Plant breakdowns
- Experience within a manufacturing industry (timber highly desirable but not essential)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent planning & prioritising skills
- An eye for detail along with a safety conscious mindset
Timberlink is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all applicants with the RIGHT TO WORK in Australia to apply.
If you would like to know more, or wish to apply for the role, please submit your application including your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.