Timberlink Australia & New Zealand is a sustainable leading softwood timber products manufacturing and distribution business, employing over 600 people. Our world class manufacturing sites are located close to some of the best renewable plantation pine resources in the world - Bell Bay in Tasmania & Tarpeena in South Australia. Our fit-for-purpose indoor and outdoor plantation pine products are suitable for building new homes, renovation projects and other industrial manufacturing applications including packaging, pallets, and furniture components.
Working at Timberlink:
Timberlink’s values are core to how we operate, both internally and externally. Our six values are fairness, openness, respect, integrity, resilience and responsibility. We take our values seriously and we look for opportunities to ensure they are integrated into everything we do. We are committed to working closely with the communities in which we operate, and investing in our own people, processes, and technology to create a better future for all.
Timberlink’s vision is to have a proactive and caring safety culture where everyone gets HOME SAFE every day.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for a skilled Industrial Electrician to join our maintenance team in our Tarpeena Mill (20 minutes from Mount Gambier) You will be tasked with proactively carrying out electrical maintenance activities across the site, providing effective and efficient identification and resolution of maintenance related issues.
The successful candidate will work a 4 x 4 roster which is as follows,
- 6.30am - 6.30pm x 2 days
- 6.30pm - 6.30am x 2 days
- 4 days off, repeat
Key responsibilities include:
- Finding faults in plant and equipment and resolving safely and efficiently
- Carries out planned and preventative maintenance procedures through the Mainpac system
- Maintain and upkeep areas within the workshop and on-site work areas
- Assist in the training of tradespersons and production personnel
- Provide general advice and service, working with minimum supervision
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders to drive outcomes
- Understand and implement quality control standards and conditions in line with quality procedures
- Actively promote a safety-first culture
Essential personal attributes:
- Industrial background
- Ability to work co-operatively in a highly effective team
- Possesses a strong work ethic
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Proactive, professional and responsible
- Good communication skills
Please note that a current ‘A’ Grade Electrical License is essential for this role, and PLC experience with exposure to Allen Bradley platforms is an advantage. Relevant maintenance experience in a similar role and/or suitable trade qualifications are highly desirable.
Timberlink is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all applicants with the RIGHT TO WORK in Australia to apply (Australian residency or a valid AUS work VISA).
If you would like to know more, or wish to apply for the role, please submit your application including your cover letter and CV to email@example.com - successful applicants can expect to be contacted after the 8th January 2024.