Sustainability is part of our DNA and our overall purpose: to safely and efficiently manufacture timber products to build a more sustainable world.
That’s why our sustainability policy is central to how we operate as a business. Under our policy, we seek to optimise the production of wood products from our natural, well-managed renewable resources while minimising our impact on the environment.
In our sustainability policy, we commit to:
- Produce products only from responsibly managed sources
- Implement systems that trace origins of forest products to legally and responsibly managed forests
- Ensure our suppliers and contractors share our commitment to sustainability
- Provide appropriate training of employees in our sustainable management procedures
- Implement and manage a robust integrated management system that delivers high standards and meets internationally recognised standards
- Set challenging sustainability objectives and targets
- Minimise pollution, waste and consumption
- Facilitate carbon capture and efficiently manage energy use
- Comply with all legislation – including implementing host country obligations