Timberlink Australia & New Zealand is a sustainable leading softwood timber products manufacturing and distribution business, employing over 600 people. Our world class manufacturing sites are located close to some of the best renewable plantation pine resources in the world - Bell Bay in Tasmania & Tarpeena in South Australia. Our fit-for-purpose indoor and outdoor plantation pine products are suitable for building new homes, renovation projects and other industrial manufacturing applications including packaging, pallets, and furniture components.
At Timberlink we embrace innovation, and this drives our constant growth. We are currently building two purpose-built manufacturing plants to adjoin our existing facilities at both of our sites. Complementing our already diverse range of products, we will be manufacturing new timber products including cross laminated & glue laminated timber (NeXTimber) and wood-plastic composite decking & screening, expanding our business into new markets in 2023. These products will take Timberlink from being primarily a structural timber manufacturer to a structural engineered timber products and solutions business.
Working at Timberlink:
Timberlink’s values are core to how we operate, both internally and externally. Our six values are fairness, openness, respect, integrity, resilience and responsibility. We take our values seriously and we look for opportunities to ensure they are integrated into everything we do. We are committed to working closely with the communities in which we operate, and investing in our own people, processes, and technology to create a better future for all.
At Timberlink we believe in building strength through diversity, supported by an inclusive culture, and we welcome and encourage all forms of diversity in our business. We understand that harnessing and further developing the capability and skills of our people, and ensuring our people are truly engaged in what we are working to achieve together will continue to be critical to our success, as it has been in the past.
We continue to invest and implement new technology and more responsible resource management and supply chain practices as we further adapt and enhance our readiness for what the future brings. We encourage our people to identify further innovation or improvement opportunities that will help us continue to respond to our customer needs and drive sustainability in our business.
Timberlink’s vision is to have a proactive and caring safety culture where everyone gets HOME SAFE every day. Our mission is to be a socially responsible business through safety innovation and technology that proactively listens and acts on the voice of our people, and regulatory obligations are a baseline expectation.
About the role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Maintenance Manager who is responsible for providing leadership in all areas and manage all aspects of the maintenance department. This includes managing the upkeep of all manufacturing assets, managing the maintenance budget, resources and assisting in the design and installation of new systems.
This permanent, full time position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and is located at our prestigious saw mill in Bell Bay – conveniently located in wine country, 40 minutes out of Launceston – an amazing opportunity to enjoy the perfect work/life balance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Recommend new and improved work procedures and manage installation when required
- Investigate and take action to prevent rework
- Reliability and maintainability of all mechanical equipment is at or above target levels and work is being done to continually improve in this area.
- Plan and supervise all maintenance work for the Site Services Team
- Ensure maintenance costs are managed effectively and cost variances are investigated
- Analysis of all breakdown and downtime (unplanned activity) to assess opportunity to use preventative/predictive maintenance to minimise future downtime
- Maintain the highest level of safety leadership
Qualifications and Qualities that you will bring to Timberlink:
- Minimum 8 years' Trade Experience after apprenticeship
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Plant or similar industries
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading teams
- Proven analytical skills in similar environment
- Excellent Planning & Prioritising skills
- Ability to lead and engage people through change
- Proven experience in forecasting and budget planning
Timberlink is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all applicants with the RIGHT TO WORK in Australia to apply.
If you would like to know more, or wish to apply for the role, please submit your application including your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
www.timberlinkaustralia.com.au [link removed]
NO AGENCIES PLEASE