Sales Engineer – NeXTimber
Timberlink Australia & New Zealand is a sustainable leading softwood timber products manufacturing and distribution business, employing over 600 people. Our world class manufacturing sites are located close to some of the best renewable plantation pine resources in the world - Bell Bay in Tasmania & Tarpeena in South Australia. Our fit-for-purpose indoor and outdoor plantation pine products are suitable for building new homes, renovation projects and other industrial manufacturing applications including packaging, pallets, and furniture components.
At Timberlink we embrace innovation, and this drives our constant growth. We are currently building two purpose-built manufacturing plants to adjoin our existing facilities at both of our sites. Complementing our already diverse range of products, we will be manufacturing new timber products including cross laminated & glue laminated timber (NeXTimber) and wood-plastic composite decking & screening, expanding our business into new markets in 2023. These products will take Timberlink from being primarily a structural timber manufacturer to a structural engineered timber products and solutions business.
Working at Timberlink:
Timberlink’s values are core to how we operate, both internally and externally. Our six values are fairness, openness, respect, integrity, resilience and responsibility. We take our values seriously and we look for opportunities to ensure they are integrated into everything we do. We are committed to working closely with the communities in which we operate, and investing in our own people, processes, and technology to create a better future for all.
At Timberlink we believe in building strength through diversity, supported by an inclusive culture, and we welcome and encourage all forms of diversity in our business. We understand that harnessing and further developing the capability and skills of our people, and ensuring our people are truly engaged in what we are working to achieve together will continue to be critical to our success, as it has been in the past.
We continue to invest and implement new technology and more responsible resource management and supply chain practices as we further adapt and enhance our readiness for what the future brings. We encourage our people to identify further innovation or improvement opportunities that will help us continue to respond to our customer needs and drive sustainability in our business.
Timberlink’s vision is to have a proactive and caring safety culture where everyone gets HOME SAFE every day. Our mission is to be a socially responsible business through safety innovation and technology that proactively listens and acts on the voice of our people, and regulatory obligations are a baseline expectation.
About the role:
It is with great excitement that Timberlink now embarks on its new journey – the creation and construction of a new Cross Laminated Timber (CLT)/Glue Laminated Timber (GLT) Plant to begin operation by the end of 2023.
As we begin on this new venture, supported by a $60M investment, we are currently looking for an additional Sales Engineer to safely develop and manage the sales activity for your allocated territory and customer base, contributing to the strategic direction of the business unit sales performance.
The successful candidate will be required to drive sales pipeline development across the country and drive and end-to-end sales management pipeline to deliver annual budgets and 5-year sales plans.
While experience in Timber or specifically, Engineered Wood Products (EWP) would be beneficial, experience within areas such as structural steel or concrete precast tilt panels would be highly advantageous.
This permanent, full time position reports directly to the Group Sales Manager – NeXTimber and could be based at either our Sydney (Yennora) or Melbourne (Scoresby) offices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage Volume, margin, pricing and mix for all products
- Prepare monthly reporting on sales and sales pipeline activity in the category.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual sales budget and 5 year plans.
- Implement and manage the business sales process. Use digital platforms (CAD systems) within the specification market.
- Adopt and implement lead generation and management systems as part of the business pipeline management system
- Adopt an integrated systems model (Lead Generation / CRM CAD/CAM)
- Successfully uses the sales pipeline to match forward gaps in manufacturing capacity
- Manage a complex stakeholder portfolio to secure profitable product specification. Target and secure projects and customers that maximise profitability and deliver a best practise customer experience (from specification to site delivery)
- Develop value adding strategies within the key specifier influencers’ utilising digital platforms to ensure Timberlink are first of mind at the early concept stage.
- Promote good relations with architects, engineers, building designers, project managers and builders
Essential personal attributes:
- Strategically minded with a continuous improvement mindset
- Proactive, professional and responsible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an acute attention to detail
- Motivated and focused on exceeding key objectives and targets
- Degree in Engineering
- Previous technical experience within the EWP or similar environment
- High prioritisation skills and effective juggling of priorities
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders as required.
The successful candidate will be paid an excellent salary based upon experience and performance. A company vehicle will also be provided.
If you fit the above criteria, please submit your application including your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS PLEASE.