Timberlink Australia & New Zealand is a sustainable leading softwood timber products manufacturing and distribution business, employing over 600 people. Our world class manufacturing sites are located close to some of the best renewable plantation pine resources in the world - Bell Bay in Tasmania & Tarpeena in South Australia. Our fit-for-purpose indoor and outdoor plantation pine products are suitable for building new homes, renovation projects and other industrial manufacturing applications including packaging, pallets, and furniture components.
At Timberlink we embrace innovation, and this drives our constant growth. We are currently building two purpose-built manufacturing plants to adjoin our existing facilities at both of our sites. Complementing our already diverse range of products, we will be manufacturing new timber products including cross laminated & glue laminated timber (NeXTimber) and wood-plastic composite decking & screening, expanding our business into new markets in 2023. These products will take Timberlink from being primarily a structural timber manufacturer to a structural engineered timber products and solutions business.
Working at Timberlink:
Timberlink’s values are core to how we operate, both internally and externally. Our six values are fairness, openness, respect, integrity, resilience and responsibility. We take our values seriously and we look for opportunities to ensure they are integrated into everything we do. We are committed to working closely with the communities in which we operate, and investing in our own people, processes, and technology to create a better future for all.
At Timberlink we believe in building strength through diversity, supported by an inclusive culture, and we welcome and encourage all forms of diversity in our business. We understand that harnessing and further developing the capability and skills of our people, and ensuring our people are truly engaged in what we are working to achieve together will continue to be critical to our success, as it has been in the past.
We continue to invest and implement new technology and more responsible resource management and supply chain practices as we further adapt and enhance our readiness for what the future brings. We encourage our people to identify further innovation or improvement opportunities that will help us continue to respond to our customer needs and drive sustainability in our business.
Timberlink’s vision is to have a proactive and caring safety culture where everyone gets HOME SAFE every day. Our mission is to be a socially responsible business through safety innovation and technology that proactively listens and acts on the voice of our people, and regulatory obligations are a baseline expectation.
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Shift Electrician to join our team in our Bell Bay Mill. The main objective of this role is to carry out electrical maintenance activities across the site, providing effective and efficient identification and resolution of maintenance related issues. This successful candidate will be required to work on a rotating day and night shift on a 7 day roster as per below:
- Shift 1: 5 days on, 5 days off
- Shift 2: 4 days on, 5 days off
- Shift 3: 5 days on, 4 days off
Key responsibilities include:
- Finding faults in plant and equipment and resolving safely and efficiently
- Carries out planned and preventative maintenance procedures through the Mainpac system
- Maintain and upkeep areas within the workshop and on-site work areas
- Assist in the training of tradespersons and production personnel
- Provide general advice and service, working with minimum supervision
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders to drive outcomes
- Understand and implement quality control standards and conditions in line with quality procedures
- Actively promote a safety-first culture
Essential personal attributes:
- Previous trade and electrical experience
- Tasmanian Electrical Practitioner License or recognised interstate equivalent
- Strong communication skills with a high attention to detail
- A high regard for Workplace Health and Safety
- Proactive, professional and responsible
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively in a highly effective team
Please note that a current ‘A’ Grade Electrical License is essential for this role, and PLC experience with exposure to Allen Bradley platforms is an advantage. Relevant maintenance experience in a similar role and/or suitable trade qualifications are highly desirable.
Timberlink is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all applicants with the RIGHT TO WORK in Australia to apply (Australian residency or a valid AUS work VISA).
If you would like to know more, or wish to apply for the role, please submit your application including your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.